Hygiene and safety have always been a priority at our office and we will be taking additional measures to ensure the safety of our patients and team during this time.
Health & Safety
- We will be protecting our team and our patients with the latest recommended personal protective equipment (PPE).
- We have all of the latest sterilization protocols in place to ensure that our facilities and clinics are ready for your arrival.
- Our reception areas are being rearranged to allow for the recommended six-foot social distancing during your visit.
- We will be routinely wiping surfaces with disinfectant.
- We have temporarily closed our high-touch areas and removed the beverage station and magazines from our waiting areas.
- We have invested in medical-grade air purification units (MedifyAir).
- All patients will be emailed a link to a Wellness Survey and updated Informed Consent that must be filled out in the 24 hours prior to EACH APPOINTMENT. This link will come with your regular appointment reminder email. It will also be posted on our front door & yard signs as a QR code, and will be available on our social media accounts and website, so you can access it anytime.
- All patients will be screened for a fever upon arriving. In accordance with CDC guidelines anyone presenting with a fever of 100F will be rescheduled.
- All people entering our office must be wearing a mask.
- To provide you with the best service, we have added a Concierge Program to guide you through your visits with us. Due to restrictions on the number of guests that we can have in our facilities at one time, our Concierge Team will facilitate your check-ins, procedures, and check-outs. We will anticipate your arrival, check you in for your appointment. When it is time for your appointment, we will let you know and guide you to your appropriate treatment area.
- Upon arrival at the office please call us. There will be signage that reminds you of our phone number and provides links to the health screening form. Our patient concierge will come to get the patient. Please arrive 5 minutes before the scheduled time to allow for check in steps.
- Appointment scheduling has been adjusted to allow time for enhanced cleaning and sterilization measures. The appointments requiring use of dental handpieces and use of air and water, such as placing or removing braces require higher measures of protection and will be scheduled accordingly.
- We have invested in extra oral high suction to minimize the spread of aerosol.
- We will continue to offer virtual appointments for check-up exams, recall appointments and retainer checks.
- Patients experiencing flu-like symptoms, feeling unwell or suspect they have been exposed to COVID-19 are asked to proactively reschedule their appointment and not enter the office.
- Please call ahead if you are experiencing an emergency or if you have a broken appliance. There may be long wait times for patients who have not notified us of their emergency prior to arrival.
- We strongly prefer for anyone accompanying a patient to wait in the car during the exam unless absolutely necessary. Caregivers and guardians assisting patients with special needs are welcome to accompany the patient to the treatment area, but must wear a facial covering. We will miss seeing the whole family!
- Please brush your teeth prior to your appointment, as brushing stations have been temporarily closed.
- Please wash your hands prior to being seated for your appointment.
This is a dynamic situation and we’re constantly adjusting our approach to keep our patients and our team safe. We thank you for your understanding and patience and look forward to seeing you again very soon!
Continue to follow us on Facebook and Instagram for the latest updates, or if you have any questions, feel free to email us at email@example.com
We look forward to seeing you!
The Ashburn Orthodontics Team