Thank you for nominating us again for Best of Loudoun County!
We’d love your support! Here’s the link to vote:
Thank you so much!
Dr. Sahira Kortam and The team at Ashburn Orthodontics
Please come by the office
whenever you are near
to get your gift from us to you,
we hope it brings good cheer!
We'd love wish you all the best
but have just one small ask:
Remember when you visit us
to please put on your mask :)
All the best for a happy and safe holiday season,
Dr. Kortam and the Ashburn Orthodontics team
Ashburn Orthodontics is serving as a community drop-off center for a food drive benefitting Loudoun Hunger Relief.
Please bring non-perishable items to our office now through 12/31 and you’ll be entered to win a $25 Visa gift card. For every item donated we will donate $1!
Together we can make a difference!
Welcome to Ashburn Orthodontics! Dr. Sahira Kortam and the team look forward to meeting you!
We know that back-to-school may look different this year, but we are celebrating the new opportunities for learning, sharing and growing.
To join in, we’re offering $1,000 off treatment to anyone who begins their orthodontic journey with us before October 31st.
Hygiene and safety have always been a priority at our office and we will be taking additional measures to ensure the safety of our patients and team during this time.
Health & Safety
- We will be protecting our team and our patients with the latest recommended personal protective equipment (PPE).
- We have all of the latest sterilization protocols in place to ensure that our facilities and clinics are ready for your arrival.
- Our reception areas are being rearranged to allow for the recommended six-foot social distancing during your visit.
- We will be routinely wiping surfaces with disinfectant.
- We have temporarily closed our high-touch areas and removed the beverage station and magazines from our waiting areas.
- We have invested in medical-grade air purification units (MedifyAir).
- All patients will be emailed a link to a Wellness Survey and updated Informed Consent that must be filled out in the 24 hours prior to EACH APPOINTMENT. This link will come with your regular appointment reminder email. It will also be posted on our front door & yard signs as a QR code, and will be available on our social media accounts and website, so you can access it anytime.
- All patients will be screened for a fever upon arriving. In accordance with CDC guidelines anyone presenting with a fever of 100F will be rescheduled.
- All people entering our office must be wearing a mask.
- To provide you with the best service, we have added a Concierge Program to guide you through your visits with us. Due to restrictions on the number of guests that we can have in our facilities at one time, our Concierge Team will facilitate your check-ins, procedures, and check-outs. We will anticipate your arrival, check you in for your appointment. When it is time for your appointment, we will let you know and guide you to your appropriate treatment area.
- Upon arrival at the office please call us. There will be signage that reminds you of our phone number and provides links to the health screening form. Our patient concierge will come to get the patient. Please arrive 5 minutes before the scheduled time to allow for check in steps.
- Appointment scheduling has been adjusted to allow time for enhanced cleaning and sterilization measures. The appointments requiring use of dental handpieces and use of air and water, such as placing or removing braces require higher measures of protection and will be scheduled accordingly.
- We have invested in extra oral high suction to minimize the spread of aerosol.
- We will continue to offer virtual appointments for check-up exams, recall appointments and retainer checks.
- Patients experiencing flu-like symptoms, feeling unwell or suspect they have been exposed to COVID-19 are asked to proactively reschedule their appointment and not enter the office.
- Please call ahead if you are experiencing an emergency or if you have a broken appliance. There may be long wait times for patients who have not notified us of their emergency prior to arrival.
- We strongly prefer for anyone accompanying a patient to wait in the car during the exam unless absolutely necessary. Caregivers and guardians assisting patients with special needs are welcome to accompany the patient to the treatment area, but must wear a facial covering. We will miss seeing the whole family!
- Please brush your teeth prior to your appointment, as brushing stations have been temporarily closed.
- Please wash your hands prior to being seated for your appointment.
This is a dynamic situation and we’re constantly adjusting our approach to keep our patients and our team safe. We thank you for your understanding and patience and look forward to seeing you again very soon!
Continue to follow us on Facebook and Instagram for the latest updates, or if you have any questions, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you!
The Ashburn Orthodontics Team
Dr. Kortam is now seeing all of her patients for appointments virtually!
If you don’t already have one, please text our office cell phone at 703-229-9469 to schedule yours.
What to expect during the appointment:
- Dr. Kortam will check on your or your child’s bite to identify compliancy with rubber band wear, as well as if the size, pattern or number of hours of wear needs adjustment.
- She will check oral hygiene and provide guidance for the areas that might need improvement.
- She will look to see that the teeth alignment is on track.
- If you or your child wear aligners, she will check on the progress of your treatment and assess your need for more aligners.
Face-to-Face video appointments:
- Dr. Kortam will call you from the office cell phone (703-229-9469) and will request to FaceTime if you have an iPhone, or use WhatsApp video if you have an Android.
- Bring 2 plastic spoons with you to retract your lips and cheeks for better assessment of your teeth. (Below is Dr. Kortam’s daughter demonstrating the views!)
Photo submission only appointments:
By Dr. Sahira Kortam
Does your tween avoid smiling because they don’t like their teeth? A child’s smile can actually have a profound effect on their self esteem and even impact their social skills. Further, according to a research study out of Webster University, a confident smile can be even more attractive than traditional good looks.
Through orthodontic treatment (either with traditional braces or Invisalign) I can correct genetic issues from crowding and spaced teeth to protruding upper teeth. Or, I can address improper bites due to thumb-sucking as a child, periodontal disease, poor dental hygiene, early or late loss of primary teeth, or trauma to the teeth from a sporting injury, for example.
At Ashburn Orthodontics we offer comprehensive orthodontics for tweens to help them have a healthy, attractive, confident smile! We strive to provide the highest quality orthodontic treatment while also ensuring incredible customer service.
We’re the friendliest, most fun orthodontic office around! Come by and meet me, Dr. Sahira Kortam and the entire staff to see what we mean. Click below or call us at 703-729-7210 to schedule a complimentary consultation.